Friday, December 18, 2015

December Daily 2015: Day 14

This one turned out to be one of my favorite spreads in the album!


I apologize for the weird tint on these photos, but we have had so little daylight these past few days that it's the best I could do.


As I am past the halfway mark in my album, I realized all the pages I had done so far were quite flat, and since the spine in the album is quite thick, if I kept going down that road it would not get filled up. So with today's spread I added quite a bit of bulk. I made an insert from the packaging of a mug of tea I purchased. I love the design and the gold foil! To cover up the details of the mug, I layered some die cuts (using Studio Calico and Lawn Fawn dies) and stamped images (penguin: Papertrey Ink; teacup: Studio Calico), and embellished with some puffy stickers (Studio Calico). The red die cut is adhered on top of the box with foam dots, adding even more dimension.


The packaging had a circular insert with the name of the item, so I covered it up with a circle.


I also decorated the back of the insert with washi tape from Jasmine Jones's December Daily mini kit, and the big chipboard numbers from the main kit, on which I embossed some gold stars to match the gold foil on the insert.


I added some embellishments in the 2" slots, but decided to leave some of the slots empty. The "oh what fun" is punched out from a little cracker I got from Anthropologie last year with a purchase; the acetate pieces are from the Felix collection by SevenPaper, the wood veneers, flair and rubber banner are from the December Daily kit, the wreath is from a die from Studio Calico, embellished with some red glitter Stickles, and the leaf is die cut from a die from Studio Calico.

Today's story is about all the love for David's Tea products - their 24 days of tea Advent Calendar is so much fun!

______________________________________________
Catch up on my previous 2015 December Daily posts:
Title page
Dec. 1st
Dec. 2 and 3
Dec. 4th
Dec. 5th
Dec. 6th
Dec. 7th
Dec. 8th
Dec. 9 and 10
Dec. 11th
Dec. 12 and 13

No comments: