Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September Art 2 Heart

Wilna Furstenberg started a year-long workshop this month, and even though my attention span is typically very short, I decided to sign up for it. I love her style very much, I love watching her videos, and I liked the idea of this year-long creative journey.

I have made two pages so far inspired by Wilna's pages and message. I tend not to journal much on my scrapbook pages (not sure why.. I journal tons on my Project Life, and quite a bit on my digital pages), but this page is mostly journaling, inspired by some recent successes (& added responsibilities) at work.


I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors for the background and paint splatters (love them!!).



I gessoed + watercolored the background.

And then I made one of my favorite pages ever. I am not a scrap lifter, I always like to do my own thing, and even when I use sketches I often just use them as a starting point. So the fact that I have made this page very much based on Wilna's example is really telling of how much she has inspired me. It was the sneak of this page that made me decide to sign up for the class!


The background was done again with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. I was going to go with a black and white photo, but then I found this picture of me that I had printed (and cut up and then not used) for another project, and I loved how nicely the colors matched my page. I journaled about the things I dream of. It turned out to be fantastic motivation for me! And the colors... oh how I love these colors!


I am so glad I embarked on this journey!

1 comment:

Msaula said...

These are both lovely! I considered taking that class but never signed up. Hmmmm I might have to reconsider.