Monday, February 11, 2013

Out of This World

Once upon a time, years before discovering my vocation in scrapbooking, I had taken up embroidery as a hobby. I spent quite a bit of time at it, but I gave it up happily when I discovered scrapbooking, and never looked back. Tonight, as I was sewing on this card, I thought back at all the long hours spent embroidering, and I wondered how I could put up with that stuff! :) It is clearly not the hobby for me.. ;)

Love You to the Moon card

Credits:
Out of this world by Jenn Barrette

I do love how the sewing turned out in the end, but this is one thing you won't be seeing much of in the future from me. It took me way too long! I think I spent over an hour sewing on this card. The first attempt was directly on the background and it quickly went awry (I made a huge hole in the background and that resulted in some creative rearrangement of the elements of this card ;)). Next, I decided to sew on vellum and add it to my card - that worked better, but it still took me forever. :)

But apart from the insane amount of time I spent on it, I am very happy to have made this card - I finally got to use a seriously AMAZING kit by Jenn Barrette:


This kit is so cool! There are several papers in there that I wanted to use for my card (including a fabulous star chart and a planet map), but in the end I settled for this unique one.

Love You to the Moon card

I included the moon phases on this card as an inside joke for my husband - at my high school graduation exam I was asked a very simple question about the moon, and to this date he makes fun of me to the brilliant answer I gave (which, BTW, was precisely what the teacher wanted to hear) - "it's the moon!".  :)

No comments: