Thursday, December 20, 2012

December Daily - Days 2-7

As promised, I am back to share some December Daily pages. I had started out this project thinking I would be combining my Project Life and December Daily albums in one, but the truth is I love Christmas so much that it deserves its own album! :) So I'm doing a true Dec. Daily album, and I'll catch up (or not.. ;)) on the ordinary events in my PL album. :) I have been super busy with my last classes and exams, on top of my regular work, so I'm a bit behind, but I am keeping things simple in this album, so I will be catching up soon. Here are days 2-7!

DD 2012 - Day 2

I splurged and bought Kelly Purkey's December Daily kit - I fell in love with the stamp, and I just couldn't resist - and I'm so glad I did! For this spread I just used a journaling card from the kit and the stamp for the date. The rest is all photos - I loved them all and wanted to include them. My two favorite people in the whole world!

DD 2012 - Day 2

I thought the confetti journaling card went perfectly with all the Christmas lights/bokeh pictures. ;)

DD 2012 - Days 3-5

I included as an insert a prank from our elf.. ;) DH was printing out 200 copies of the program for a concert that would take place on Dec. 16th, and our elf decided to steal the show and printed his own version! :)

DD 2012 - Days 3-5 

Gotta have glitter in my album! :) The label is from the Studio Calico 25 Days class (Dec. Daily class) kit; the background paper is by Basic Grey Fact&Fiction, I covered a Studio Calico Wonderland wood veneer tree with Stickles, and layered it on top of some awesome glitter tape. Oh and the date stamp? I recently bought this awesome number stamp and I'm in love!

DD 2012 - Days 6-7

You will start seeing a pattern here.. when I don't have any Christmas pictures for the day, all you get is an Elf picture. :) So I can also combine multiple days in one page and keep the thickness of the album reasonable. I journaled and stamped on the back of the program (stamps by Ali Edwards, Cute and So Totally Happy sets). On the right, filler cards are made with A Christmas Tradition by Jenn Barrette and Valorie Wibbens.

DD 2012 - Days 6-7

For this spread, I added in a paper bag from Starbucks - I love their designs so much, plus you never go wrong with bunnies! <3 a="a" href="http://scrapflower.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=21109" i="i" left="left" on="on" target="_blank" the="the" used="used">journaling card by creashens
 (slightly recolored), and the bottom two pockets are made using A Very Vintage Christmas by Digital Design Essentials.

DD 2012 - Days 6-7

I had so much fun decorating the back of the paper bag!

DD 2012 - Days 6-7

In all honesty, I botched the first stamping: I stamped "Hey Santa!" (from KP's DD kit) in red but I didn't press it down properly so the middle remained blank, so I decided to color the whole bubble red and stamp another sentiment on top of it instead (oh what fun, from the 25 Days class kit). I chose green because it matched the Starbucks logo, and I restamped the Hey Santa in green too (properly this time). ;) I love the result!!

DD 2012 - Days 6-7

I love this page too - I decided to use a journaling card I'd pre-made using Jenn Barrette's A Month of Memories and I only just realized that it matched the picture on top of it perfectly, with the peppermint sticks! I made the title using Dear Lizzy tile stickers (the package comes with 2 sheets, one with gold letters on white and the other with white stickers on gold) and Dear Lizzy Fox glitter thickers.

That's all I have for now, hoping to get caught up very soon!

No comments: