Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm Back!

I was out last week (off to a conference, and DH came along!), and it's good to be back home! I worked a bit on my Project Life week 23 today, then I made a tag for an online crop on Stephanie Howell's blog. Fun! I'll be using this for a birthday card for my dad. :) Does that look like a birthday candle? I sure hope so! ;)

Stamped Tag 

Here's what I used: I started with a Cosmo Cricket tag (2WENTY-THR3E), and added some stamping. The alpha is my beloved Stepping Stone Alpha by Studio Calico/Hero Arts. The small asterisk in the circle is from an Amy Tangerine stamp set. I created the candle using a stamp from an exclusive Studio Calico set, embossed with clear inks (I used a Ranger Embossing Pen to color the chevron stamp - worked like a charm! - and the VersaMark pad for the 'asterisk/flame'. :) The embossing powders I used are Zing! Apricot, Zing! White and Zing! Mustard. Then I just added a couple of chipboard stickers from Cosmo Cricket.

2 comments:

Stephanie Howell said...

what a SMART way to make a candle!!! xoxo

Kim said...

love the colors and a genius way to make a candle!