Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project Life - Week 6

It's time to share another week of my Project Life album! I did all the photo editing over the weekend, then put my spread together Monday night. I love how this week turned out!

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

On the left page I had papers from Crate Paper (the back of the ones I used last week), and I found that the Grandma's Dresser kit by Sahlin Studio matched them really well.

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

I printed out some accents and a card, and I wanted to print out some papers as well, but I ended up not having room because I had so many pictures. :) I really wish I had room to add some more touches of yellow on this page though!

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

I had fun sprucing up the journaling cards with digi labels from the kit!

This week more than ever, I am so frustrated at how poorly the pictures of my pages turned out. So let me show you the digi version of my photographs in this week's spread. First off, I have to share my latest purchase.. a vintage Dymo label maker!!

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

I eyed this in action on Tim Holtz's blog several months ago (Tim always has the coolest finds...), but tucked it to the back of my mind. But when I started PL, I started wanting one really bad. I used to have a Dymo label maker as a kid (a plain kind with just a fixed font), but my mom cannot find it anymore. Then, when I saw that the new Smash line revealed at CHA will carry a label maker (i.e., I will probably be able to pick up replacement tape at AC Moore or Michael's), I decided it was time for me to hunt down a Dymo label maker. They do make a new model of this label maker, with 3 interchangeable font wheels, and it is really cheap too ($17.51 on Amazon), but I decided to go with the vintage label maker because as far as I can tell from the photos the cursive font in the new model is different from the old one - and I am absolutely in love with that cursive font. ♥♥♥ I got it on eBay and I couldn't be happier! I've recently used it for cards too. Fun!

Here I got creative editing some pictures taken in very low light with DH's iPhone:

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

These bagel pictures (free bagels from Bruegger's for their 29th birthday!) were taken with my DSLR.

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

Again, a collection of iPhone pictures taken when we were out grocery shopping:

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

Finally, more DSLR shots:

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

DH requested a new portrait, so I was happy to oblige. While I was at it, I also asked him to pose for my P52 Cards shot - and if further proof was needed that DH is really a pain and always complains about me taking pictures, check out how he held the card in that middle picture. Upside down!! Like he couldn't care less... sigh. ;) And the funny thing is I noticed it only after taking the shot! :D

Project Life 2012 - Week 6

All these photo collages were put together using digi templates by Designs by Lili (yes, the same designer who created the Clementine kit of Project Life!). They are such a time-saver! They also make the decision process of which photos to include much easier, since you can fit many photos in one slot of the page protector.

Here is what I used for this week's pages:
Crate Paper Restoration kit
4x6 Photo Collages , 4x6 Photo Collages no. 2 and 3x4 Photo Collages by Designs by Lili
Grandma's Dresser by Sahlin Studio
Winter wonderland word strip from Snow Bunny by Jenn Barrette
Dymo label maker
Smash date stamp and polka dot tape K&C company
Pens: Micron 03 + Faber Castell Pitt

No comments: