Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Madness

I signed up for the Fall Madness contest they're having at DigiScrapAddicts, lured by the money prize :D and I have two pages to show. This contest is pretty tough because each scrapper is paired with another scrapper, and only one makes it to the next round. The voting is done by 13 designers.
Unfortunately, in both rounds I've been paired with fellow CT members: in the first round, LoriBear, on ScrapMatters' CT; in the second round, with Brenda (kaleandkiara) of Amy Sumrall's CT. Even more unfortunately, Lori wasn't able to post her LO in time, so I passed to the second round with no competition. Sad, sad! :(

Anyway, here's my page for Round One. We had to scrap a page containing the words "I love".



Credits:
Motor Mania, Artistic LicenseHooligans and Glitzy Spills and Thrills by Britt-ish Designs
Fonts: My Own Topher and Revista


This page is totally me: funny, and speaking volumes about my life and my love for DH. :)

For the second round, we had to scraplift our opponent; so even though I consider being paired to a friend a misfortune, I was lucky enough to get to lift her amazing work. Brenda's gallery is amazing, and she is a master of white space - something I often struggle with because my pages always seem empty - and clustering. I chose to lift All Grown Up by kaleandkiara and here's my page:



Credits:
Midnight Crow by Chelle's Creations
Fonts: FG Christine and CK Cursive


This is one of the rare occasions that I couldn't force myself to put more elements on the page. :) I love this page! And Chelle's kit - it's soooooo gorgeous!!
I doubt that I can make it to the next round because Brenda is a fabulous scrapper, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, you never know. :) The results will likely be made public on Sunday, so this is going to be one long week.;)

No comments: