Monday, June 8, 2009

Keyholder Frame

I worked on a very cute little project this weekend, inspired by Mari Koegelenberg's project featured on The Hybrid Chick blog.

I showed Mari's post to DH before creating my own keyholder frame and this is actually the first project that got endorsed by DH! But I anticipated this would happen, since DH always loses his keys in the house and not once, but twice has managed to lock himself out of the house... :-/

So, I picked up Amy Sumrall's super cute Berry Sweet kit and prepared the digital bits and pieces.
I was super lucky because I found a white frame at the Dollar store and bought white hooks at Lowe's, so I didn't have to paint anything. Not that it would have been a big deal, but it saved me some time! :)
I used my favorite material, frozen pizza box, :) to create the backing for the tags.


I used Mod Podge to glue the tags on the chipboard and some ribbon and eyelets to pretty them up; I had DH help to screw the hooks in and the frame was ready in no time! ;)


Credits:
Berry Sweet by Amy Sumrall
Font: Scriptina

Here's the detail of the tags: I created one for DH, one for me, one for the car keys and one for the shed, plus an unnamed one. :)


It's really cute and I think I might make some seasonal changes too. I chose summery colors which are perfect for now but I would love to change it in the fall, and for Christmas!

(Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, but the frame is hanging in a poorly lit part of the house and today's a rainy day.. Since I added 2 glue dots to the back to keep it more stable when keys are hung/picked up, I didn't want to take the frame down just because I needed better pictures. :) )

No comments: