Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Challenge System at SM!

There's a new challenge system at Scrap Matters. It sounds quite complicated at first, but the basic idea is that you get 1 point for every challenge completed, and 1 additional point if you use a product released in the previous 7 days. Then, who wins the challenge gets 1 more point.
There are lots of challenges, and several new ones are posted every week, but the point system is organized by month, so you have the whole month for scrapping LOs for the challenges.

Anwyay, I started scrapping a Tuesday Template challenge, and I used some adorable stuff from Britt's grab bag that was released last week - so this should earn me 2 point.

Oooooh... wait.. are you wondering what the points are worth? :)
OK, here's the deal. There are 2 options: discount (and in this case each month you start with 0 points), or gift certificate (and you can cumulate points in more than one month).
Here's the points-discount conversions:
21+ = 40% off
16-20 = 35% off
11-15 = 25% off
6-10 = 15% off
1-5 = 10% off
and if instead you want to get a GC, you can get a $5.5 GC with 60 points.
I believe I'll be using mostly the 2nd option. (ugh 60 points does seem like a lot... who knows how many months it'll take me to get there! :) )

Enough talking now! Here's my LO. :)
Credits:
Template by Ldrag Designs
String Theory, Bead-aholic Alpha (recolored) and My Bead Jar by Britt-ish Designs (from SM 1st Birthday grab bag)
Peridot Paradise by Erica Zane 
Font: My Own Topher
This mini kit by Erica was the partecipation prize for the other night's speed scrap. :)
Hey, you did notice, didn't you? :) This is another zoo LO!  :) I believe I have only one more to do, and then I'll have scrapped all the zoo pictures!!

No comments: